Coverage Options


Standard Coverage

Ontario motorists are required to have these standard coverages:

Many vehicle owners also add optional coverage for Loss or Damage, and Increased Accident Benefits.

Insurance doesn’t prevent accidents but, should the unforeseen occur, you’ll want to know what you have covered. Here are brief explanations – for complete details consult your policy or ask your Orr Insurance Broker.


Many vehicle owners also add Optional Coverage for Loss or Damage, and Increased Accident Benefits.



This is coverage for you or other insured persons, if someone else is killed or injured, or their property is damaged, in an automobile incident. It will pay for legitimate claims against you or other insured persons up to the limit of your coverage, and the cost of settling claims.


Uninsured Automobile

Provides protection to you and yours if you are entitled to damages from someone else that did not have liability insurance or left the scene of the accident a $300 deductible would apply in this case.


Direct Compensation – Property Damage

This coverage is provided to pay for damages to your vehicle caused by another identified driver who is at fault for the accident.


Optional Coverages


Loss or Damage

This is a selection of optional policy features for your vehicle. Payments cover direct and accidental loss of, or damage to, a described automobile and its equipment. There is usually a deductible amount for each coverage – that amount is either paid by you toward the cost of repairs or is deducted from the loss settlement. Opting for a higher deductible may reduce your premium. Your Orr Insurance Broker can help you choose between deductibles.


Specified Perils 

Covers the described automobile against loss or damage caused by certain specific perils: fire; theft or attempted theft; lightning, windstorm, hail or rising water; earthquake; explosion; riot or civil disturbance; falling or forced landing of aircraft or parts of aircraft; or the stranding, sinking, burning, derailment or collision of any kind of transport in, or upon which, the described automobile is being transported.


Collision or Upset

Covers damage to your vehicle from a collision with another object, i.e. other than a vehicle, or tips over.



Covers a described automobile against loss or damage other than those covered by Collision or Upset, including perils listed under Specified Perils, falling or flying objects, missiles and vandalism.


All Perils

Combines the Collision or Upset and Comprehensive coverages.


Other Optional Coverages

Other coverages are designed to transfer coverage from your vehicle to a rented vehicle used for personal use. You can also obtain coverage for roadside assistance, and loss of use coverage that provides a rental vehicle in the event of a claim.