Condo Insurance BlythRed Line

We are a family-owned and -operated business, and we live in the areas that we serve in southwestern Ontario. Because of this, we care about our customers and strive to provide a local, personal, and accessible service. Our objective is to search through the offerings of over 60 different insurance and investment firms in Canada and discover the one that gives you the greatest deal in terms of pricing, value, and service.

Orr Insurance Broker can assist you in determining the proper amount of life insurance coverage for you and/or your family, offer advice on how to effectively plan for retirement, and explore the market for the policy types and prices that are most advantageous to you.

Our Customers’ Satisfaction Is Our No. 1 Priority.

The importance of protecting loved ones, securing a livelihood, and securing a financial future can’t be overstated, and we know this from experience as a fourth generation family business. We ensure constructing a secure financial future for the years, decades, and generations ahead.

For all of your insurance requirements, Orr Insurance brokers has evolved to be one of the largest and longest-standing providers in Blyth, Ontario.

You may count on our hallmark of integrity, help, and efficiency as we are still owned and run by members of the Orr family. In the case of a claim or incident, our devoted and highly trained staff can offer you expert assistance and services to guarantee that you receive the protection and service you deserve. We can ensure that you receive the right plan, the right coverage, the right services, and the right pricing.

What exactly does “condo insurance” mean?

The Condo insurance provides a type of coverage or a claim that protects against financial losses and the expenses of making necessary repairs to a condominium unit. Condo insurance often offers protection against a variety of hazards, including burglary, vandalism, structural damage caused by fire and water, and more.

As a condo owner, you are required to have a condo insurance policy, which is comparable to homeowners insurance, to safeguard the personal or your family possessions and the interior of your condominium unit. This is necessary to avoid financial loss.

Additionally, condo insurance in Blyth offers personal liability protection, which covers expenses if you are held legally liable for harm or property damage, such as if a visitor suffers an injury while visiting your residence.

It’s a good idea to examine what’s already covered by your condo association’s master policy, which is also referred to as an HOA policy occasionally, before making a decision about the condo insurance coverage you’ll need. When you purchase both a condo and a master insurance plan, you’ll get the best coverage for both.

The most important things to remember:

Your personal possessions and appliances are covered under your condo’s insurance policy.

If you are held accountable for an injury sustained by a visitor or damage caused to the property of another individual, condo insurance may also assist in covering the associated legal fees.

In addition, condo owners are required to purchase master insurance via their condo associations. These policies protect not only the external structure of a condo building but also the common amenities within the complex, such as the lobby, corridors, and recreation areas.

The master policy for your condo community will have a direct bearing on the amount of condo insurance coverage that you require.

What is covered by condo insurance in Canada?

Coverage for your home

Your handmade hardwood floors and built-in appliances are protected by the construction of your condo unit, which is covered by your home insurance policy.

Your HOA’s master policy determines the degree to which you need to insure the contents of your home. If you have the most comprehensive kind of master insurance, also known as all-in coverage, then it’s possible that you won’t need to add home insurance coverage to your condo policy.

Coverage for personal property

Your clothing, devices, housewares, and electronic devices like your phone, along with other personal belongings, are protected under your personal property coverage if they are damaged, stolen, or destroyed as a result of a life-threatening hazard is covered by your policy, such as a fire breakout, windstorms, property destruction, structural damage or hurricane.

Loss of use insurance policy coverage

If your house is rendered uninhabitable as a result of certain factors and you are required to temporarily relocate, the loss of use coverage will reimburse you for any additional living expenses you incur, such as the cost of a hotel stay, and additional petrol money, or other unique needs.

Coverage for loss assessments

It is possible to avoid paying out-of-pocket expenses by using loss assessment coverage if your condo’s common areas or building’s exterior are destroyed and the master insurance has already covered those costs.

Coverage for personal liability

Your personal liability insurance can assist pay for the cost of expensive medical or legal bills if you are held liable for someone else’s injuries or life threatening factors.

You’ll want to make sure you have adequate insurance to cover all of your financial assets in the event of a lawsuit or hospitalization.

There are personal umbrella policies available if you need additional liability coverage than your current insurance policy provides.

Insurance to cover medical expenses

If someone is hurt in your condo, regardless of who was at fault, this coverage will pay for more modest medical bills, such as an X-ray or an ambulance journey.

Condo association or HOA master policy: what is it supposed to cover?

Homeowners of condos are required to pay monthly dues to their association, which implies they are liable for the upkeep of the building. The fees are used to maintain common amenities and shared spaces, as well as the community’s HOA master policy to protect the building and public places.

This is what you may anticipate being covered by your HOA master insurance regardless of how limited or extensive it is:

The condominium’s external construction

Indoor and outdoor pools, fitness centers, and other recreational facilities are all part of the complex.

The ground surrounding the condominium building

How much coverage is already included in the master policy will determine the amount of dwelling coverage you need in your personal condo insurance policy. If you’re looking for a master policy that helps in protecting your condo’s inside, there are generally three options to choose from:

Bare walls coverage options

The form of master insurance policy that provides the least amount of coverage is known as bare walls coverage.

Common spaces and HOA-owned property that is damaged or destroyed are covered under this policy.

In most cases, it just covers the exterior of your condominium unit.

This type of insurance usually only covers the drywall and insulation as well as the frame, electrical wiring, and plumbing that can be seen from the outside.

Insurance that only applies to a single entity

Insurance that only applies to a single entity

The most typical kind of homeowner’s association insurance policy is known as single entity coverage.

Includes all of the same insurance needs for the building and the shared areas as bare walls insurance.

All of the parts of your apartment’s interior that have not been altered since the date of your move-in are covered, including the walls, ceilings, cupboards, and fixtures in the bathroom.

Complete insurance coverage

Complete insurance coverage

The most complete sort of insurance is called “all-inclusive.”

The whole internal construction of your apartment is covered, including the upgrades, changes, and appliances.

With an all-inclusive master insurance policy in place, you may not need to purchase additional dwelling coverage for your personal condo insurance policy – which means your premiums may be lower.

Coverage for optional condo insurance

Both condo insurance and master plans typically have a list of exclusions, or categories of damages that won’t be compensated for claim made against them. You might wish to understand the importance of acquiring extra policies or including the coverages listed below in your condo insurance policy.


Flooding isn’t covered by condo insurance. If you reside in a hurricane-prone location, consider buying flood insurance.

Seismic coverage

The damage caused by earthquakes is also not covered by this condo insurance in Canada. Depending on your condo policy, you may be able to acquire earthquake coverage as an add-on or as a stand-alone policy.

Insurance for a second residence

Owner-occupied condos need condo insurance. Your condo insurance policy may not cover a loss if your unit is unoccupied for more than 30 days. It is necessary to get second home insurance when your apartment is used as a second or holiday residence.

Rental protection

A basic house or condo policy won’t cover your abode if you use it for business, including Airbnb. If you want to rent your apartment, even part-time, add short-term renters insurance coverage. Insurance for short-term rental properties may also be available through a specialised insurance provider.

Flood protection

Condo insurance doesn’t cover services like sump pump or drain backups but can cover water backup damage.

Ask A Broker

Please feel free to contact us now by

Calling 1.800.876.4163

Or you can use the email form and one of our representatives will reply as soon as possible.

Ask A Broker

    Area of interest

    For advice about

    Right Arrow Icon

    Mobile Icon1.800.876.4163