FAQ / Resources

What is the difference between professional liability insurance and commercial general liability insurance?

Professional liability covers you for the rendering or failure to render professional services.  It is also commonly known as Errors & Omissions (E & O) Insurance.  Commercial general liability is extended to cover claims for bodily injury, personal injury and property damage to others for which you are legally liable.   General Liability insurance  is designed to cover your business so that in the event that a third party suffers a loss as a result of your negligence (lack of care) and subsequently sues you, liability insurance will provide you with the necessary  financial backing needed to ensure that you can pay the cost of damages awarded against you.


What if a client slips and falls at my place of business?

If a client, courier delivery person etc has a slip and fall at your place of business and suffers a terrible injury; they may decide to sue for damages.  A business liability insurance policy will assist you financially if the courts find you legally liable for the injuries.


What if the products you sell cause injury to a consumer? 

That consumer can sue the product manufacturer for compensation; however, you would also be liable as the distributor of the product. Please ask your broker about the proper insurance necessary for this type of loss to ensure that you can pay the cost of damages awarded against you.