Tenant Insurance - Orr Insurance & Investment


Tenant Insurance

After a confusing and unsure year, the “kids” are finally off to school!

They have bought a hoodie with the university’s name on it, some Ikea furniture, and a laptop; they are going to invite friends to their dorm room or off-campus home to study and socialize; and, they are going to need some insurance for:

1 – their belongings

2 – their liability

When it comes to family members and dependents who are away for schooling, but who will be returning home on breaks and when they are finished, often your home insurance policy will insure them for little or even no additional cost.

Where the student has officially left the nest and is unlikely to move home again, a tenant package in their own name would provide them with these coverages as well, and can often be arranged for a monthly fee less than $40.

It is a scary thought that there could be a break-in or an accident that your child would have to deal with when they are away from home, but having coverage in place will give you the peace of mind that things will be taken care of if something goes wrong.

Call or email us with any questions you have about keeping the kids covered.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Find Your Location

What our clients say

Our job is to find you the best competitive combination of price, value and service from over 60 Canadian insurance and investment companies.

Ask A Broker

Please feel free to contact us now by

Calling 1.800.876.4163

Or you can use the email form and one of our representatives will reply as soon as possible.

Ask A Broker

    Area of interest

    For advice about

    Right Arrow Icon

    Mobile Icon1.800.876.4163