Auto InsuranceRed Line

Auto Insurance - ORR Insurance&Investment

Ensure Your Vehicle and Life...

When you have an Ontario auto insurance policy that’s right for you, you’ll be comfortable knowing that you are protected no matter what happens on the road.

As brokers, we can comb the market to find you the right balance of coverage and premiums from dozens of companies – whether it’s for the ‘family taxi’, your weekend ride, recreational or off-road vehicle, or classic showpiece. And if something does happen, your Orr representatives will be there for you.

Question MarkDo I need Car Insurance?

Anyone who owns a vehicle needs auto insurance. In Ontario, car insurance is mandatory, and legally everyone is required to have car insurance to drive. If you do not have car insurance and are in an accident, you will have to pay for the damages out of pocket. You could also be heavily fined if you drive without insurance. Be sure to speak with an insurance broker who will find you the best insurance coverage tailored to you to ensure you and your vehicle are properly protected.

Question MarkWhat Does Car Insurance Cover?

Car insurance provides liability coverage for property damage and bodily injury, collision and comprehensive coverage to repair a vehicle if it is damaged, and accident benefits coverage for items such as lost wages and medical bills as a result of an automobile accident. There are many additional insurance coverages available and there are always opportunities to increase your coverages on your auto insurance policy.

Additional Insurance Coverages

Collision or Upset

Question MarkWhat is it?

Collision or Upset coverage pays for any losses you may incur when you or a person borrowing your vehicle are responsible for a collision with another vehicle, hit an object or your car rolls over. Although this may sound like a standard part of any auto insurance policy, in fact Collision or Upset Coverage is an optional protection you may want to add to your policy.

Question MarkWhen do you need it?

Collision or Upset coverage applies (after you pay your deductible) when you hit another car or an object like a tree or guardrail or ditch. Collision or upset coverage reimburses you for losses up to the current cash value of your vehicle, whether you are at fault or not. Collision or upset does not include damage when something hits your vehicle.

Question MarkWho needs it?

Some people decide to skip Collision or Upset because the vehicle being insured is so old that it wouldn’t be worth repairing if it rolled or was in a collision. If your financial situation can cover repairing or replacing the vehicle yourself, then you might not add this coverage to your policy. Keep in mind this option can be more affordable with a higher deductible, meaning you pay more before your insurer pays the rest.


Question MarkWhat is it?

Comprehensive auto insurance is an optional coverage that offers protection for incidents that damage your vehicle.

Question MarkWhen do you need it?

Examples of when comprehensive coverage would be used

  • Theft: Your car is stolen from your driveway or the mall parking lot. Be aware that comprehensive does not cover theft when your vehicle is stolen by someone in your own household or by an employee of a garage while it’s in for repairs. These situations would be covered by All Risk coverage.
  • Vandalism: We have all heard of someone ‘keying’ a car – dragging a key along the side of your car scratching through the paint. Or maybe someone decides to smash car windows while looking for items to steal.
  • Hail or Storm Damage: We never know when a downpour can include a few moments of damaging hail quickly denting your entire car.
  • Falling or Flying Objects: High winds can turn tree branches or recycle bins into flying objects that can crash into your vehicle.
  • Animal- If the cause of the incident is that an animal such as a deer or raccoon struck your vehicle while you were driving it.

Question MarkWho Needs Comprehensive Auto Insurance?

Even though many people select comprehensive coverage as an optional part of their auto insurance policy, others may go without it because they have sufficient funds on hand for an emergency or perhaps the vehicle is so old they decide it would not be worth it.

Specified (or Named Perils) Coverage

Question MarkWhat is it?

Specified perils coverage, as the name suggests, covers you against risks or perils that you have named or specified in your policy. This option is also referred to as named perils coverage. Here are some examples of risks that you might choose to be protected against:

  • Fire
  • Theft
  • Damage
  • caused by
  • attempted theft
  • Lightning
  • Hail
  • Windstorm
  • Rising water
  • Earthquake
  • Riot

Note: Vandalism and broken glass are not covered by specified perils coverage but would be covered by comprehensive coverage if you added that option to your policy.

All Risk Coverage:

Question MarkWhat is it?

All Risk coverage provides a very thorough package of protection. It combines the protection offered by:

  • Collision or Upset coverage, which covers damage due to collisions or if your car rolls over.
  • Comprehensive coverage, which covers damage due to vandalism or caused by a tree falling on your car, or any other flying or falling object.
  • Plus additional coverage which includes scenarios such as: Someone living with you steals the insured vehicle An employee who drives your car or someone where you service the vehicle damages it or steals it. Fire, theft, damage from hail, lightning, wind, rising water, earthquake, riot, etc.

Question MarkWho Needs it?

If you are already considering adding comprehensive and collision coverage this is a more thorough coverage, you can rest easy knowing you are protected from just about any kind of damage to your vehicle. While it is hard to think of an exception, it’s always a good idea to ask about possible exceptions when discussing insurance of any kind

Ask our BrokersRed Line

Ask Our Broker - ORR Insurance&Investment

For more information on tenant insurance

Call us at 1.800.876.4163 or Contact us here

Proudly serving southwestern Ontario, we are local, personal, and available –

Family owned and operated, we live in the communities we serve and we care about our clients. Our job is to find you the best competitive combination of price, value, and service from over 60 Canadian insurance and investment companies.

Your Orr Insurance Broker can shop the market for the policy options and price that works best for you


Find Your Location

What our clients say

Our job is to find you the best competitive combination of price, value and service from over 60 Canadian insurance and investment companies.

Ask A Broker

Please feel free to contact us now by

Calling 1.800.876.4163

Or you can use the email form and one of our representatives will reply as soon as possible.

Ask A Broker

    Area of interest

    For advice about

    Right Arrow Icon

    Mobile Icon1.800.876.4163